Are you passionate about the Arts ?
Would you like to be more involved and gain experience from the inside ?
Do you have professional knowledge and experience you want to share to help arts organisations thrive ?
…because you love the arts
- Personal enjoyment from closer involvement in particular organisations and artforms
- Gain experience of charity governance; sit alongside more experienced colleagues as peers
- Join a network and meet people with similar interests but a diversity of backgrounds and skills
- Meet world-class artists, learn more about the artform, and get a front row seat ‘behind the scenes’.
RIAC is a charitable organisation funded entirely by philanthropic donations, the services we offer are provided free of charge to the individuals and cultural sector charities we work with.
…to share your knowledge and make a difference
- Make a difference to the success of an arts organisation, and bring new energy to their team
- Apply professional skills and experience in a creative setting
- Contribute to the education and well-being of the arts organisation’s beneficiaries
…help with your professional career development
- Work with an experienced arts philanthropist in a mentor role
- Expand your personal network amongst business and arts leaders
- Gain non-exec director experience in a creative sector that has the potential to help in your professional career
- Make new friends with similar interests
- Learn new skills through your Board / Trustee experience
- Support from mentors and other network volunteers to help you in your new tasks and challenges
- Make a real difference in your community
We are looking for volunteers with varied professional skills such as:
- Financial and business acumen: to understand the business and financial challenges of the arts sector
- Accounting and finance knowledge and other professional qualifications
- Understanding of communications and PR
- Experience of maximising digital, social and new media opportunities
- Marketing and advertising
- HR experience and mentoring
- Governance: an understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Board of Trustees
- Strategic and business planning
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities
- Experience in the legal or property sectors
We are seeking volunteers who will donate their time and not just bring financial resources (although please rest assured that no organisation will reject any financial contribution you may personally want to make and for which they will always be very grateful!).
If you have gained experience in one or more of the areas above (don’t worry we don’t expect anybody to be all-knowing in everything), then you are the right person to join our volunteer network.
Because we work with UK-based charities, interested applicants need to either live in the UK or spend a significant amount of time in the UK each year.
If you are interested, please click the “Apply now” button and a senior volunteer from our network will get in touch with you.Apply Now